2012 September 12 by admin
We are all eagerly awaiting the iphone 5 release, we will be amongst the first to receive the iphone 5 for testing and will soon provide analysis on how it compares to the Samsung Galaxy sIII….
2012 April 17 by admin
As a mixed environment business ourselves we understand the challenge of mixed operating system environments. We spearheaded the push in the UK to Google apps by replacing our Microsoft SBS server, with Google Apps Cloud infrastructure.
However this is not the ideal for all businesses. Some companies use Mac as an interior design accessory without considering the interoperability of the application layer, operating system and email delivery / control and storage.
We realise the cultural shift from a Microsoft desktop environment to working on and generating documents in Google Docs can be a shift too far for staff used to ms for the last 20 years.
Some of our clients insist on using Outlook for calendaring and mail, this can have mixed results and can cause dupe issues and double or triplicate entrys in a shared calendar.
Ironically in this environment installing a Microsoft Small business Server environment can work better with Macs, it also allows iPad integration and multiple vendor phone integration from blackberry to iPhone to Android.
Of course we are also happy to guide you through and manage a Google Apps environment for your PC or mac office
2012 February 27 by admin
Recommended apps for small business telephone system providers Smartinfo:-
- OCR on your Ipad / Phone – Photo text in a book or paper and turn into text file to edit
- Business card Scanner on you phone
- Linkedin – Business networking
- Google + Google Apps – Total Business Cloud Suite, Mail, Documents, shared calendar, Great Spam and virus protection
- Wheres my Droid / iPhone – if you loose you phone
- Swiftkey / Swipe keyboards – quicker than standard keyboards for your smart phone
- Netstumbler – find Wifis + channels
- Sipdroid Sip phone
2012 January 26 by admin
There has been a rise in snatch crime on the streets of london, crime of iPad and iPhone theft have Been reported in soho, the city and hackney, commonly phones and tablets are snatched by thieves on bikes
A few simply precautions can be take to make using your devices safer:
- Keep your back to the wall when using you devices, then you can’t be approached from behind
- Make a note of your imei number (a unique 16 digit number to identify your phone)
- Load find-my-phone onto your iPhone and iPad or tablet, this way you might be able to track your missing device (find my droid) – they also work if your phone is on silent, should you mislay Your phone at home, car, garden, beach etc
- Don’t text and walk (am I the only one who hates that anyway)
- Be carefully at tube exits, as most people check their phones on exit, it’s an obvious spot
2012 January 26 by admin
Smartinfo Ltd are located in City of London, its based leading supplier of Alcatel, Mitel and Samsung telephone systems along with electronic surveillance and mobile phone solutions.
As business innovator and market leaders, employees at Smartinfo are convinced that all telephone system users should make their telephone systems work harder for them. There are many ways this can be achieved.
Key personnel can be setup to work from a home extension and receive all their calls in the normal way. The caller can’t tell if the receipient is in the office or not. Cut out the travel time and get more work done. This is achieved by IP telephony.
By the addition of a dialler application to the system the credit control part of the business can be made 50% more effective. It is hard the believe but 2 people doing the work of 3 is a fantastic result for any business.